# Gaby de Wilde @ 11:22 AM Sunday, November 21, 2004 view from google
 

I still remember how it all hapend




I played with Maxthon Opera K-Melon and a lot of other browsers, they all have there own style, all have unique features. Have to know how to use a feature if you want to know how useful it is. Not seeing or knowing how to use it will not show how useful the feature is. Maxthon has a lot of optional features but the gecko engine is experimental, so it renders with Internet explorer. Great features but currently still 1 big Internet explorer add-on. IE Googlebar is not supported in the last version, thats kinda sad. For me that's the main indication the crew didn't communicate with google. http://www.google.com/firefox does look a lot more serious.

But Firefox was hard to configure, it didn't already have all the features that Maxthon does, you have to add them yourself. But thanks to Maxthon I knew exactly what I was PERSONALLY looking for. Things like mouse gestures, I just refuse to surf without. Maxthon had this great highlighter for search words typed in the browser but it doesn't insert them back in the box like the google bar does in tab-less IE, firefox Googlebar does this perfectly. I mis-spell 9 out of 10 strings, I need the highlight to work on the "Did you mean" button in google. Firefox gives me all the features that would normally turn my windows installation into a laggy resource hog.

I had to try the features to know I needed them! Same for Window-SOS we loved toying with the features on this OS simulation platform. We had to. It was the best way to find the features we really need. Now the web is rewinding into the text based wonder it was in 1970 I think it's time we start looking at the alternatives we had back then. Scrap the CPU, We need CO-processors running their own firmware OS preferably coded in assembly. The next step would be to jump out of your char point our finger an laugh as loud as you can at people who say the word emulator, simulation, compiler or compatible.

It should be easy for Microsoft to emulate the new platform. I see a big future for Microsoft in creating there multi platform platform emulator. Specially with all the toys there now, But I would prefer to use the real thing myself. We know the features we want, all we need is a dedicated processor to make the assembly language simple enough to understand for a 12 year old. We can then make the hardware do "the impossible". audio for audio, video for video, all kinds of data can be managed by it's own processor. I know a instant messenger card sounds weird but programs like that should be running all day and be unaffected by any other processes. We only want the options on our monitor not the hardware mixed up. It's own storage with a read only switch for the main program should make it really safe from a crash and hack point a view.

Dedicated cpu's and a Firmware operating system.

Can I say commodore here? oke I won't then :(

1 Comments:

backtrackie :)

posted by Blogger Gaby de Wilde - comment permalink

 





blog360 yahoo grouptricks, tips, tutorials, pictures and wordsgooglebrowserPhotography - Enkhuizen - Holland

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

gbrowser.blogspot


If you want my googlebrowser-blog feed on your webpage, just copy this code and past it in the body of your html(thanks!)



MAGNETMOTOR.GO-HERE.NL


Powerd by Expressgratis.