Now that you have the basics, we get to the good part: making changes to improve Firefox's performance and capabilities.
Fix a memory leak in Firefox 1.0
Firefox is supposed to dynamically release memory from its RAM cache to other Windows applications as needed. Unfortunately, Firefox 1.0 seems to consume more memory than it should, which hurts performance, when set to the default of 51200 KB (51 MB).
To solve this, Firefox power users recommend limiting the memory cache using the Configuration Console. This frees up memory for other apps, speeding up everything to a greater or a lesser extent, depending on your machine and the applications you run. Here's how the trick works:
Step 1. Type about:config into Firefox's Address Bar and press Enter.
Step 2. Right-click any row, then click New, Integer. Type or paste the following preference name into the dialog box that appears (this is a hidden preference that doesn't exist in the Configuration Console until you create it):
Step 3. Click OK, then enter the following integer number into the next dialog box, representing 16 MB of RAM for the cache:
Step 4. Click OK to close the dialog box, then close all instances of Firefox and restart it.
For a lengthy discussion of this option, see Mozillazine's forum topic 172041.
Move the disk cache to a faster or larger location
Many Windows users like to locate their disk cache files on a separate hard drive from Windows. This can improve the performance of Windows or whatever program is using the cache, or it can free up space on a primary partition. (The disk cache should not be confused with the RAM cache described above.)
To move Firefox's disk cache, use about:config to create a new preference. (This is another hidden preference that doesn't appear until you create it.)
Type browser.cache.disk.parent_directory into the dialog box that appears, the"
Tab Mix Plus v0.2.4 ( ) -Whats New!
* Mac Compatibility
* Disable Target Links for Downloads functionality
* Focus of Search bar can be controled independently now
* New tab can be loaded in the background
* Tab rotation (slideshow) functionality [F8]
* Progress meter on statusbar can be hidden
* Duplicate in New Window added
* Ability to lock and protect a tab [Freeze]
* Middle click focus can be controlled
* F9 will toggle closing and focusing tabs to the right and last selected tab
* Improvements on undoclosetab
o All tabs can be restored
o Context menu added to toolbar item
o Entries can be deleted by middle clicking on them
o Close tabs can be restored in new tabs/windows/current tab and bookmarked
* All tab menu items can be controlled
* Reload Left/Right/Other tabs function
* More tab clicking options
* Various fixes on link handling
* Improvements on the options dialog
* Other bug fixes"
This is some exelent work, I would like to thank the developers of tabed browser extesion, tabed browser preferences, floating tabs, bookmark to tab, session saver, mini tab, and all other extension this one will replace.
Thanks guys and girls we never met but you've helped me a lot :)